Associate Professor of International Business and Strategy
Within the fields of International Business and Strategy, my research interests include Emerging Markets, Innovation and BOP studies. My focus area of study is inclined towards Microinsurance (financial Inclusion), Frugal and Reverse innovation, Globalization and Regional Trade. In 2018, I have received Milliman Fellow in Microinsurance at ILO-ITC Impact Insurance Academy, Turin, Italy.
- Anand, M., Khanna, S. and Kathuria, M. (2018) Reverse Innovation in Financial Inclusion – Lessons from Developing Economies, The Microfinance Review, Vol X 74 (1): January – June 2018
- Anand, M., and Belhoste, N. (2015) Formation du client dans les stratégies de développement des multinationales dans les marchés émergents: le cas de l’assurance en Inde’ (Translated in English as ‘Customer training in development of multinationals strategies in emerging markets: the case of insurance in India). Journal Revue Economies et Sociétés, Vol. 16 (3) p.449-472.
- Anand, M. (2014). Islamic insurance in Malaysia: Insights for the Indian insurance industry. Singapore Journal of Legal Studies, (Jul 2014), 1-23
- Anand, M., and Monin, P. (2013) Innovation Processes in Emerging Markets: Empirical Evidence from the Indian Insurance Industry. Management International. 18 – No 1 pp. 40 – 57, Fall 2013
Microinsurance, financial inclusion, market building in emerging markets
Qualitative Analysis, Case Studies, Ethnography and Field Study
ADDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND EDITORIAL ROLES
- Member of the Editorial Board of Rajagiri Management Journal
- Member of the Advisory Board for Center of Excellence-Retail and Luxury, SDA Bocconi-Asia Center
- Part of the team involved in setting up of our Indian campus ‘XEBS’ (Xavier EMLYON Business School) in partnership with Xavier University (Bhubaneswar). Therein I am providing academic inputs for proposed programs (MBA and GBBA) and pedagogical support for incoming students under the MIB program at Bhubaneswar and Mumbai.
- Past member of AOM, AIBS and SMS