Call for Papers for a Special Issue on: “Experiments in Entrepreneurship Research”
Editors: David Cooper (Florida State University), Frederic Delmar (EM Lyon and Lund University) Scott Shane (Case Western Reserve University)
The Journal of Management Development calls for the submission of papers on laboratory, field and natural experiments to rigorously test theoretically-grounded hypotheses related to all aspects of entrepreneurship.
The core requirement for the submissions is that the studies involve randomized interventions relevant to some aspect of entrepreneurship.
Experiments are the gold standard for research in many scientific domains, but only recently have started to be attempted in the study of entrepreneurship. Even rarer are experiments that study entrepreneurship while drawing on theories from a variety of disciplinary perspectives, such as psychology, sociology and economics.
Our goal is to encourage scholars to undertake this research and to discuss it with methodologically like-minded scholars exploring different topics in entrepreneurship, likely from different theoretical perspectives. To encourage this process, we will invite scholars who have been invited to “revise and resubmit” their papers to participate in a conference on the topic at EM Lyon in June 2019.
The overarching goal of the special issue goes beyond the discussion of specific research questions. It aims to advance scholarly work in entrepreneurship by encouraging researchers to adopt more rigorous research designs that can test for causality in theoretical arguments, rather than the norm of “telling stories” about correlations.
- Deadline for submission: Monday, January 14, 2019, 11:59 PM ET.
- Please mention the title of the Special Issue in the cover letter accompanying your submission
- For any further information, please contact Scott Shane at Scott.email@example.com
Latest posts by freddelmar (see all)
- How entrepreneurs communicate using non-verbal cues - March 19, 2019
- Two brand new research papers on entrepreneurial decision making - February 28, 2019
- The E&I Research Center Recruits a Research Assistant - February 14, 2019